Nationality: Italian and British
Languages: Fluent in Italian (mother tongue) and English. Very good understanding and speaking level of French. Passed JLPT N5 level (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) and studying towards JLPT N3 level.
BA Honours: Fashion from Edinburgh University: First.
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design from Leeds College of art: Distinction.
11 GCSEs (5 A*s, 4 As, 1B, 1C), 1 AS (C), 4 A levels (2As, 2Bs) from Keswick School.
Achievements and other information:
- Won the M&S Womenswear Award at Graduate Fashion Week 2017 for my Spring/Summer 2018 collection, which was inspired by Italian men’s tailoring and Japanese traditional design such as Kimono and Furoshiki.
- Won the Mackintosh Competition 2016 at my University and the mac coat I designed was manufactured by Mackintosh for me (met with the head pattern designer at the Mackintosh Factory and discussed how to manufacture the coat using my prototype and patterns).
- Have been taking Japanese evening classes since Autumn 2014 and also studies Japanese as a class elective in my 3rd year (Semester 2) alongside my Fashion studies (Achieved 71%).
- Designed and collaborated on the graphics and manufacture of the leaflet/program used for the catwalk shows at ECA’s annual catwalk show at the National Museum of Scotland and Graduate Fashion Week 2017.
September 2017 - March 2018 Marks and Spencers (Graduate Trainee Internship)
35 North Wharf Road, Waterside House, London W2 1NW
- Garment creation and design
- Trend, fabric, colour and print analysis
- Range and overview plans
- Teamwork with other product designers as well as the buying and the leadership team
June 2015 & June 2017 Graduate fashion Week (Edinburgh College of Art)
- Backstage helper (last minute sewing, and alterations, organising clothes and rails, steaming garments)
- Dressing Models
- Setting up University stand
February - March 2015 Edinburgh College of Art (Fashion internship with 4th year student)
- Design development
- Accessories research
- Pattern cutting
- Fabric sourcing
- Surface embellishment (chainmail, enhancing/decorating shoes)
July 2014 – September 2015 Marco’s restaurant Lancaster (Waitress)
27 North Road, Lancaster LA1 1NS, 01524 844445
- Taking orders
- Making desserts
- Serving food and drinks
- Clean and set tables
October 2013 – June 2014 Leeds College of Art library (Library assistant)
Blenheim Walk, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9AQ, 0113 202 8000 6
- Using the till to sell art materials from the shop and re-stocking it
- Checking in/out books and DVDs and shelving returned books and DVDs
- Covering books and putting them on the computer system
- Helping the public to find books/DVDs and using the photocopiers
- Teamwork (working on collaborative projects on my course and with students from textiles and interiors as well as staff)
- Friendly (can interact easily with people as I deal with many different customers while waitressing)
- Remaining focused even when multitasking (I dealt with a variety of jobs at the same time during my internship and in the restaurant)
- Very good time management, organisation and planning skills (manage my time between my fashion studies and Japanese classes through ought the year)
- Thrive under pressure (during intense course projects and busy shifts)
- Always meet deadlines
- Quick problem solving (when people’s opinions clash during group meetings or if something in the design process goes wrong)
- Fast and eager learner
- CAD (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Patternmaking (constructing patterns from scratch or altering existing ones)
- Domestic and Industrial Knitting machines
- PLM system
- Confident sewer on both industrial and domestic machines, overlockers and also hand sewing
- Dyeing, screen/sublimation/digital printing and laser cutting
- Have organised and taken part in a photo shoot both for group and personal projects