Nationality: Italian and British
Languages: Fluent in Italian (mother tongue) and English. Very good understanding and speaking level of French. Passed JLPT N5 level (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) and studying towards JLPT N3 level.
Address: 10 Lakeside Drive, Chobam, Woking, GU24 8BD, UK
Email: email@example.com Mobile number: +447717245662
Qualifications: Website: https://i-dantonio.com
BA Honours: Fashion from Edinburgh University: First.
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design from Leeds College of art: Distinction.
11 GCSEs (5 A*s, 4 As, 1B, 1C), 1 AS (C), 4 A levels (2As, 2Bs) from Keswick School.
Achievements and other information:
- Won the M&S Womenswear Award at Graduate Fashion Week 2017 for my Spring/Summer 2018 collection, which was inspired by Italian men’s tailoring and Japanese traditional design such as Kimono and Furoshiki.
- Won the Mackintosh Competition 2016 at my University and the mac coat I designed was manufactured by Mackintosh for me (met with the head pattern designer at the Mackintosh Factory and discussed how to manufacture the coat using my prototype and patterns).
- Have been taking Japanese evening classes since Autumn 2014 and also studies Japanese as a class elective in my 3rd year (Semester 2) alongside my Fashion studies (Achieved 71%).
- Designed and collaborated on the graphics and manufacture of the leaflet/program used for the catwalk shows at ECA’s annual catwalk show at the National Museum of Scotland and Graduate Fashion Week 2017.
September 2017 - March 2018 Marks and Spencers (Graduate Trainee Internship)
35 North Wharf Road, Waterside House, London W2 1NW
- Garment creation and design
- Trend, fabric, colour and print analysis
- Range and overview plans
- Teamwork with other product designers as well as the buying and the leadership team
June 2015 & June 2017 Graduate fashion Week (Edinburgh College of Art)
- Backstage helper (last minute sewing, and alterations, organising clothes and rails, steaming garments)
- Dressing Models
- Setting up University stand
February - March 2015 Edinburgh College of Art (Fashion internship with 4th year student)
- Design development
- Accessories research
- Pattern cutting
- Fabric sourcing
- Surface embellishment (chainmail, enhancing/decorating shoes)
July 2014 – September 2015 Marco’s restaurant Lancaster (Waitress)
27 North Road, Lancaster LA1 1NS, 01524 844445
- Taking orders
- Making desserts
- Serving food and drinks
- Clean and set tables
October 2013 – June 2014 Leeds College of Art library (Library assistant)
Blenheim Walk, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9AQ, 0113 202 8000 6
- Using the till to sell art materials from the shop and re-stocking it
- Checking in/out books and DVDs and shelving returned books and DVDs
- Covering books and putting them on the computer system
- Helping the public to find books/DVDs and using the photocopiers
- Teamwork (working on collaborative projects on my course and with students from textiles and interiors as well as staff)
- Friendly (can interact easily with people as I deal with many different customers while waitressing)
- Remaining focused even when multitasking (I dealt with a variety of jobs at the same time during my internship and in the restaurant)
- Very good time management, organisation and planning skills (manage my time between my fashion studies and Japanese classes through ought the year)
- Thrive under pressure (during intense course projects and busy shifts)
- Always meet deadlines
- Quick problem solving (when people’s opinions clash during group meetings or if something in the design process goes wrong)
- Fast and eager learner
- CAD (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Patternmaking (constructing patterns from scratch or altering existing ones)
- Domestic and Industrial Knitting machines
- PLM system
- Confident sewer on both industrial and domestic machines, overlockers and also hand sewing
- Dyeing, screen/sublimation/digital printing and laser cutting
- Have organised and taken part in a photo shoot both for group and personal projects